Ethics in Education and Educational Leadership
Learning Team Members:
- Heighten participant's awareness of how ethics impacts their leadership and the decisions leaders make;
- Allow participants an opportunity to explore their individual ethical framework;
- Expose participants to an opportunity to develop a process they could use in the future for ethical decision making;
- Explore individual & professional ethic codes; and
- Create awareness of the role of values in leadership.
12:00 PM Lunch
1:00-1:15 Welcome and Introduction (video clip, The Office)
1:15-1:45 What is Ethical Leadership
1:45-2:15 Ethical Paradigms & Self Assessment
3:40-3:50 Summary: Apology Clip
4:00-5:00 Speaker: Provost Wilcox, MSU: Values in Leadership
Dr. Kim Wilcox, Provost, Michigan State University
Definition of Ethics
Ethical Decisions in Turbulent Times. Joan Poliner Shapiro, Steven Jay Grodd and Susan H. Shapiro. The School Administrator, May 2008.
MSU Code of Ethics
Moral Dimensions of Educational Decisions. Amitai Etzioni. The School Administrator, May 2008.
Moral Rudders and Superintendent Values. Rushworth M. Kidder. The School Administrator, May 2008.
Print and Online Resources
Back to the Monthly Meetings Calendar