Public vs. Private Leadership Learning Team Members
Julie Alexander, Candace Cowling, Paula Ganggopadhyay, LaDonna Hill, Denise Myers, Meg Ropp, Cindy Shinsky, Ed Thomas, Jeannie Young
- Participants will understand the definition and characteristics of public, private non-profit, and private for-profit sectors.
- Participants will be able to identify strategies for developing leaders within their organization.
- Participants will develop a personalized leadership "tool kit" for their use.
1:00-1:45 p.m. - Introduction and Overview: Public and Private Sector Leadership Styles
Julie Alexander, Jeannie Young, Denise Myers
1:45-2:00 p.m. - BREAK
2:00-3:15 p.m. - Panel Discussion: In the Real World
Introduction of the Panel - Paula Gangopadhyay
Moderator: Edward Thomas
Dr. Sharon E. Banks - Superintendent, Lansing School District
Paula D. Cunningham - President, Lansing Community College
Lance Harris - Vice President/General Manager, Industrial Products Group, GKN Sinter Metals.
Jack Davis - Attorney at Law/President, Lansing School District Board
Candace Cowling - Executive Director, Kent County Child and Family Resource Council
- How would you describe your leadership style?
- How does the culture of your organization impact the leadership style you use? How have you influenced the culture and what benefit has this had on the organization?
- What do you do to develop leaders within your organizations?
- Identify one challenge you have faced as a leader in your organization and talk to us about what you did to overcome the challenge?
3:15-3:30 p.m. - Audience Questions
3:30-3:45 p.m. - BREAK
3:45-4:15 p.m. - Video Presentation
Cindy Shinsky and LaDonna Hill
4:15-4:45 p.m. - Synthesis: Interactive exercises - Your turn to be a LEADER, Toolkit for Successful
Leadership-Paula Gangopadhyay and Meg Ropp
4:30-4:45 p.m. - Feedback/Evaluation - LaDonna Hill